I’ve been involved with ProductCamp since 2009, working on Paul Young‘s committee at ProductCamp Austin until Summer of 2010 and then joining Jason Brett in Atlanta. In 2012 I took over as Lead Organizer for ProductCamp Atlanta. ProductCamp is a different experience in both cities, but equally rewarding.
ProductCamp (PCamp) is a great way to meet passionate product management and marketing talent, learn about the craft, and help educate others. If you haven’t attended, I highly recommend you check out the ProductCamp closest to you.
In the past few years I’ve written a few posts related to ProductCamp and similar unconferences.
Prior Posts on ProductCamp
- In First Time PCampATL Session Leaders, I share my excitement about new presenters for the 2013 event.
- In ProductCamp Atlanta, I share a short (cheesy) promo video for 2013.
- In Product Fragmentation in Atlanta from December 2012, I questioned the future of PCamp and Product Management in general.
- In Looking Forward to ProductCamp, I provided a teaser for the 2012 Atlanta event.
- In Inaugural B2BCamp Atlanta, I shared my experience at the kickoff of this B2B Marketing and Sales unconference.
- In Buyer and User Personas – The Presentation, I reenacted the material I delivered at both PCamp Nashville and with Kevin O’Malley at PCamp Atlanta (also summarized at Personas in Design and Strategy).
- In Agile Product Management and the Product Owner Role – A Town Hall, I provided a teaser for the session I presented at PCamp Atlanta on one of my favorite topics: Product Manager vs. Product Owner.
- In The Value of ProductCamp, I tried to convey to newcomers the value of participating in a PCamp.
- In ProductPotluck Austin, I advertised a series of events organized by the PCamp Austin team.
- In ProductCamp Austin – Summer 2009 – Recap, I summarized the day at PCampATX.
- In ProductCamp Austin Summer 2009, I looked forward to the day at PCampATX.
- My ProductCamp Atlanta 2013 Teaser Video – Yes, I’m officially tired of writing about it.
For those of you who have seen my PCamp shirts or mugs and wondered what the event is all about, please feel free to have a look at a few of these posts to get a sense of what the event is like and what kind of content is delivered!